On days that I’m running around with the kids, which let’s be honest is every day! LOL!! Or I just want to feel fresh and glowy for a every day summer look, I go super light with my makeup. Like.. skip the foundation and go straight to the concealer and let those beautiful freckles SHINE!
Especially with these warmer months, no one likes the feeling of caked on, sweaty makeup! And really in the heat.. nothing is staying in place anyways! So it’s nice to have a quick 3 minute or less makeup routine that allows me to look put together on busy summer days and feel confident in how my makeup will hold!
So here are my go-to makeup products for a natural, glowy, and very simple everyday look!
1. Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer: Discovered this last summer and it’s been a top contender ever since! It’s beautifully glowy, provides really nice coverage for those late summer night dark circles and it’s not too thick which allows for quick and easy blending when you’re in a hurry!
2. HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder: The summer months can be unbearably hot, and though there isn’t much you can do to avoid the hot sweaty mess on your face or anywhere else for that matter.. LOL I do like to add a bit of finishing powder under my eyes to limit creasing and add some additional brightness and glow.
3. L’oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer: I mentioned this brow product in my 5 Minimal Makeup Must-Haves and it still holds true! I use this almost everyday! There are some great high-end fine tip brow pencils, but I find L’oreal’s is just as comparable!
4. L’oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara: A new favourite of mine! I’ve boughten this previously and I wasn’t wowed by it so I went back to my usual favourites, buuttt on our trip to Hawaii I was on a last minute hunt for a waterproof mascara and this one crossed my mind! I was surprised by how well it stayed put in and out of the water! I’m also big on volumized lashes and this stuff definitely gives you that! If I have to leave the house in a real hurry, I throw on few swipes and I’m good to go – it’s everything you need in a summer mascara!
5. Too Faced Natural Face Palette: How beautiful is this palette!! Too Faced really hit the nail on the head with this one! It’s compact, so great for traveling and provides you with 2 highlighters, 2 bronzers annddd 2 natural everyday blushes to compliment your golden summer tan!
6. Covergirl Colorlicious Oh Sugar Vitamin Infused Balm: A drug store favourite! And despite having a few too many lip products at the bottom of my makeup bag, this is a lip balm I continue to reach for. It makes my lips feel smooth and hydrated, comes in various shades for everyday wear and a bonus they’re infused with vitamin C & E.
Looking for a little extra coverage.. but want to avoid a heavy foundation try starting with bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer it provides an SPF 30 so you can skip the moisturizer, evens out your skin tone, has a light airy feeling that you can quickly apply with your hands and leaves you with a natural luminous finish.
What are your beauty staples for an everyday look this summer!!? Let me know in the comments below!!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission. All opinions are of course 100% my own.