It’s a lot of work to plan and prepare meals for your family. Let’s be honest.. our kids are always hungry, so having their favourites on hand, prepared ahead of time can only make our life that much easier! Right!!? Am I organized and prepared all the time.. ahhh NOOO!! I feel like I’m constantly preparing meals and cleaning up and some days I’m just over it! At a bare minimum though, I try to keep our pantry well-stocked with the essentials, so that I can quickly whip up something even if it’s just PB&J for dinner! Continue reading “Simple Steps to Family Meal Prep”
Nothing beats the lazy days of summer..
Slow mornings, limited schedules, snacks all day, and sunny late night dinners. Annddd then good ol’ September 1st rolls around and we all enter PANIC MODE!! September can be one of the most hectic times of year with adjusting to new schedules, school drop-off and pick-up, before and after school programs, you know the drill.. Continue reading “Simple Steps to Family Meal Prep”
This recipe has become a family All. TIME. FAVOURITE!!! Grab your keys, your wallet and your kids because you’re going to want to make this for tonight’s dinner! Ever since visiting Europe in 2012 my hubby has been obsessed over creating the perfect, authentic pizza crust and you guys.. I think he has finally NAILED IT!! Now he will argue this recipe can only be created by weight as he hasn’t found consistent results measuring in cups, buuuttt shhh don’t tell him.. I’ve listed it down below for you anyways, incase you aren’t crazy pizza obsessed (yet.. ) and don’t own a scale.
I highly recommend leaving yourself with plenty of time to make the dough and allowing it to rise for at least 8+ hours. We typically make the dough in the morning, if not the night before, along with our own sauce and let that simmer throughout the day, so come dinner we just need to chop up our toppings, mix up a leafy salad and start the process of creating our own pizzas!
Makes 2-4 pizzas
- 500g Tipo 00 Flour (3 c.)
- 300g water (1 1/4 c.)
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 tsp. yeast
- Cornmeal (for sprinkling on the pizza stone)
- Put the flour, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl of a stand mixer. If you do not have a stand mixer with a dough hook you can most certainly knead the dough by hand.
- Add the water and mix on low for about 10-12 minutes. If the dough does not come together add a little more water to the mixture. The texture of the dough should be smooth and when stretching out the dough it should hold together well.
- Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and set aside for a minimum 2 hours, but ideally 8+ hours until bubbly and has doubled in size.
- Once the dough is ready, preheat the oven or bbq to 500F (as high as it will go) and preheat a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Divide the dough into 2-4 pieces and on a well floured surface coat the dough and with your fingers shape the dough into a pizza crust.
- Either remove the preheated pizza stone from heat or if you have one on a pizza peel, sprinkle with about 1/2 tablespoon of cornmeal and place your dough on the pizza stone.
- At this point you’ve hopefully thought about which toppings you would like, sprinkle a handful of your favourite cheese and into the oven or bbq.
- Bake until the crust is browned and cheese is bubbling hot. Remove from heat, serve and repeat the same steps with your remaining dough.
Notes: This pizza crust is thin, so try to resist piling on too many toppings.. in this case less is more! We have found the best results in using a bbq, but whichever way you choose to bake your pizza make sure your pizza stone is as hot as possible!!
I really hope you will give this recipe a try! It’s honestly one of our favourite things to make as a family especially in the summer months because, no one likes making dinner indoors when you could be out enjoying that beautiful sunshine!
Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission. All opinions are 100% my own.
Summers are busy!! And some days you just want to slather on some sunscreen, slip into your swim suit and run out to enjoy that beautiful sunshine! Our little guy is a notorious early riser to the point that my internal clock now wakes me up a couple minutes before I hear his screeecchh the moment that sun rises! While our daughter loovvesss her sleep and some days doesn’t roll out until 9:00am people!! NINE!! Continue reading “On-The-Go Banana Blueberry Oat Muffins”
My sister or as we all like to call her.. Aunty Nancy!! Was in town not too long ago, and while I was in the trial stages of finding a new Christmas cookie, I thought best to save it for her visit since she is the baker in our family. Side note.. any baking recipes I post, know that I generally don’t follow the instructions well nor measure properly. I’m more of an eyeball it kind of girl. Continue reading “Girls Night In! | White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies”