I don’t know about you, but for me I loooveee having a little sneak peek into other’s go-to items. And not just makeup, it can be any and all items that they find themselves using on the daily to make their life better and brighter! My makeup collection was beginning to explode out of my makeup bag and creeping it’s way onto the bathroom counter, so it was definitely time for a purge. My plan of attack was to only keep products that were still within the expiry date and that I find myself using them at least few times a month, if not everyday.
Being a stay at home mama of two, my me time is limited, so if I can find a couple minutes to spare I like to have a fresh face if were heading out for the day, or simply just running some errands and not look like I’ve just rolled out of bed! My everyday, minimal makeup must-haves are concealer, brows, mascara, blush and a lip balm. I love a good drugstore dupe, so if I can find something that works it’s magic on me at a great price and lasts a good chunk of my day then it’s a keeper! I’m also a travel size junky and love trying new things. I’m certainly guilty of scouring through Sephora’s site for their cute little value packs and gift sets (which is probably why my makeup bag was exploding!!). I have found myself reaching for these 5 items over and over and between breaking up the kidlets scraps and getting ready for the day this is about as far as I can get with my makeup application before heading out the door!
- Maybelline New York Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer: I came across this concealer on a whim when I couldn’t find my usual shade of the Instant Age Rewind concealer in stock. I was surprised to find that it adds a nice medium coverage and has a bit of a luminous finish to brighten and hide what feels like permanent dark circles under my eyes and red spots around my nose and chin.
- L’oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer: If I could say one thing to my younger self, I think it would be TO LEAVE YOUR EYEBROWS ALONE!! I can’t help to day dream about what could have been, but my tweezer-happy-self is now paying the price with sparse, thin eyebrows. There are some great high-end fine tip brow pencils, but I find L’oreal’s is just as comparable and allows me to be precise and add some much needed definition to my eyebrows.
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash: There are sooo many great mascaras out there, but I always come back to this one and wonder why I ever strayed. With its comb like wand it manages to get all those tiny lashes and can easily layer up for a more dramatic lash. If you haven’t already, you need to try it!!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush: Tarte has a great range of blushes that last and have beautiful colour payoff. Tarte’s ‘exposed’ is a great everyday nude shade or for a little pop of colour ‘blissful’ would be another great addition to your makeup routine.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: And finally a simple lip product. I will admit this lip treatment is a bit of an indulgence with several comparable products out there. If you can find it in a travel size or gift set I would definitely recommend giving it a try! It adds such a nice wash of colour all while keeping your lips feeling moisturized.
And there you have it! I don’t always wear makeup, but if I’m able to squeeze in throwing some water on my face and at a minimum a few swipes of mascara then I will consider it a good day! What are some of your makeup must haves!? I would love to hear all about your drugstore or high-end hidden gems that you just can’t live without!!